Today was so exciting!!!
Had my last adjustments made today! Was my longest appointment ever, took about an hour.
- I had my pink bands removed
- My wire was taken out and some very attractive surgical hooks were added
- I had two sets of impressions taken - first lot failed cause the room temperature was too high and the clay set before it was properly done
- Two of my back molars were filled down....this came as a shock as he didn't discuss this with me, just started fillin' away! But apparently they were too pointy and would have dug in to my teeth once aligned
- I had to bite on to a kinda wax/clay mould whilst holding a metal frame over my head and some new guy came in and turned lots of dials and screws and then wrote down said measurments and then fitted this to a frame which apparently is to made this 3D 'wafer'
The 15th July is DEFINITELY mine! All mine!
I will be seeing my surgeon once more in 3 weeks after this 3D thing is made, and then that's it! All systems a go :)
My wires had not been removed since before CHRISTMAS! It was so nice to get them properly cleaned!
The finished result of the day - I'm full of metal - no bands, just wires and hooks! They hurt like hell against my lips right now! But it's okay! This is a good pain cause it means I'm almost there :)
Now! I'd better go as I've got a little packing to do as I'm spending 2 weeks at my new boyfriends house whilst his family are away ... yup, I'm pretty loved-up right now :) I can't wait for this surgery also, so that he can come down and look after me, I told him he needs to provide me with those yogurt things I had as a kid called 'Frubes' and give me lots of attention whilst I feel sorry for myself :)
Tom doesn't seem to be phased by my metal mouth!!