Friday 14 September 2012

Almost Two Years

On Christmas eve 2010, I received the best news of that year - I had been accepted on to the treatment program which would eventually lead up to my long-awaited jaw surgery.



I've had many ups and downs since then, but when I think about how close I am to the day my orthodontist tells me I'm ready for surgery... well, its all been worth it!
Every toothache from tightened braces, every ulcer caused by the wire, every embarrassing moment when I realise I've spent half my day with lunchtime's salad, woven between my metal-covered teeth....

You get the idea. The point is, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, knowing all this is contributing to fixing my lop-sided smile and my clicky, locking jaw.

So, as I was feeling down lately due to the delaying of my surgery date, I thought I'd remind myself how far I've came, and that whether its next week or next year, it will happen.

Stay positive! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have the same jaw issue as you, asymmetrical jaw, and I would love to email you and ask you questions about your jaw and surgery since believe you're planned to have one? Idk if this will show up as me or how to contact you any other way on here but I would really appreciate if you'd email me at ashleydaniellelankford@gmail.com

    thank you:)

    ReplyDelete