Monday 26 March 2012

''Mind the gap''... No more!

Hello! Sorry for the silence, but I haven't had much to report.
These Photographs bellow are from my last appointment back in early March - I'd just forgotten to upload them!


 I have had a different brace on this time, it had theses little golden hooks at the front, top and bottom - I don't know what these are for though. Also, before my new wire was put on, a clear plastic thing was put on to the front bottom teeth - this felt really tight, and as wonderful as my doctors are, they don't explain much so if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help me out!


NOW, the photos bellow are to show how my last brace change has started to close that big gap created earlier - I can barely fit my tongue between it now!

It might not seem like much, but it Feels like a huge change.

More importantly, my next appointments will consist of having my portrait taken again, some molds of my teeth so far, and then a meeting with non other than my Surgeon! 
I will get to find out how much further I have to go before plans for surgery can officially begin.

So, I should see you all for another post in April!

Until then! 

5 comments:

  1. It looks like everything is moving along very nicely! When is your surgery supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea :/
    I know I've got at least another year left, that may or may not include surgery time, but I think I'll get a better idea in april at my next appointment.

    I just read your profile - open bite, cross bite and under bite? wow what a mouthful!! (pardon the pun) But I see you're at the end of your journey, and in your 'after' photos you're glowing with smiles, so I'm assuming all the pain and irritation is worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that stinks but it will all be over soon enough!

    Hah yeah my mouth was pretty messed up! Yes it was TOTALLY worth all of the crap and pain that you have to go through to get to the end. It stinks believe me, I know, but you just have to be patient with everything, especially post-op, and it will turn out fantastically in the end. I am beyond thrilled with how everything turned out and although the recovery and braces stink, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Good luck with everything! I will keep up with your blog, feel free to ask me any questions if you have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I have your same problem, not too many people have the chin to the side problem. What kind of pain do you have? My Jaw doesn't lock but I get some pain in my teeth and whole head that bring me to tears, doesn't let me eat or sleep sometimes. I recently saw a surgeon and he says I need 5 months on braces and I could have double jaw surgery on December. I am planning to get braces as soon I can find out if my insurance will cover this procedure. I noticed you mentioned that the gap is closing and that it looks better, I thought with braces and the alignment it could get to look worse I am glad in your case it is better! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey yeah I know EXACTLY how you feel, mine makes the whole right side of my face throb, often makes my eye hurt and I get a lot of migraines too. 5 months! Wow that's brilliant! I've had mine since last feb/march, and in total ill have braces for 2 1/2 years that's including surgery time, but I just found out my dr has left! So after waiting months longer than I should have, I'm finally going to get my X-rays and moulds and braces changed next week. Hopefully this will be the appointment that tells me a date for the surgery! As far as my teeth are concerned, they look and feel terrible as unlike most jaw surgery patients, my teeth were moderately straight to begin with. but once theyve decided my underbite is far enough, they can start fixing them after my surgery. Be sure to upload loads of photos! And let me know how it goes and when you can get your braces and start you're journey... It's not always pretty, but it'll be worth it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete